Saturday 1 April 2017

The Log Drivers Waltz

Screen shot of CBC Vignette The Log Drivers Waltz. Property of CBC
Who remembers this little gem? I sure do! A good childhood memory of mine would be grabbing a juice box from the fridge as fast as you could after finishing up an awesome episode of Mr. Dressup you would hear the sound of the piano start-up and then the sound of moving water. If you recognized those 2 sounds you knew that the next three minutes were about to be awesome. 

And now that I am an adult, I believe it is the dance of witchcraft or a sorcery-of-sorts.  I see and hear the words "A log driver's waltz pleases girls completely" and I say to myself, what is this song really about? And how do I learn the Log Drivers Waltz? 






What is 150 of our favourite Canadian things? Read about it here



0 Comments:

Post a Comment