Monday 10 April 2017

Notre Dame Basilica of Montreal


Montreal in the winter, sounds snowy and cold. That maybe correct in weather terms but in romance terms, Montreal is white-hot . My first visit to Montreal and the basilica was in the winter and it was a great trip, I fell in love with Terrina just outside of the church when the sun was shining just right on her smiling face with the church bells ringing throughout the square and the song "Can't fight this feeling anymore" by  REO Speedwagon playing in my head.  



3 years later on our most recent visit, I talked her into taking a five-minute walk to the basilica. I ended up having to piggy back her up the cobblestone sidewalk to the steps of the basilica (She just had to wear her blue heels) I set her down gently grabbed her hand and I tried to calm my nerves as I kissed her on the forehead and got down on one knee and proposed to her and she said yes!



What is 150 of our favourite Canadian things? Read about it here






0 Comments:

Post a Comment