Saturday 13 June 2015

5 Father's Day Gift Ideas for the Dad Who Thinks He's Outdoorsy

5 Father's Day Gift Ideas for the Dad Who Thinks He's Outdoorsy

This is a list geared toward dads who love the outdoors and spending good old fashioned National Lampoons-style family time together. These dads like shore lunches and peeing outside. Here is the list of 5 Father's Day Gift Idea for the dad who thinks he is outdoorsy.

1. Duct tape - $5  

I can remember walking home for lunch in high school; my mom would make my friends and I a grilled cheese sandwich each and we would catch an episode of the Red Green Show. I remember when he would build things and secure the parts with duct tape. "The Handyman's Secret Weapon" will always have its place in your dad's toolbox. It is also handy to pack in your camping gear. You never know when you may blow a boot. Just slap a piece of duct tape over that hole and voila! Just like new.


2. Coleman Coffee Maker - $70 - $170

Coffee without electricity!! It can be done with the Coleman coffee maker. It may not be compact like a French press, but I own one of these suckers and it is worth the weight and space to have the sweeet nectar of the gods brewing on a cool summer morning. Chances are, if your dad thinks he's outdoorsy, he will love this.



CONTEST: Win a $125 Travel Shave Kit from @KingsCrown and @RealManTravels by tweeting the URL of this post, with the hidden hashtag #RMTOutdoorsDad and mention @KingsCrown1774 and @RealManTravels. You can also Like us on Facebook and post the hidden hashtag #RMTOutdoorsDad to our page for a bonus entry! Winner to be announced June 19th, 2015. Contest is only open to Canadian residents. More details here: Contest Details

3. Bear Grylls Survival Knife - $40 

When I came up with the idea of our annual Man of the Year camping trip I found this knife at the store and quickly bought it. It has several uses and makes you feel safe and protected when in the wilderness. It has been featured on our other gift guides as well, so you know we love it.



4. Lucky Strike Victor Spoon - $4

I was introduced to Lucky Strike lures by my brother-in-law when I was younger and I was shocked by the amount of fish we would catch with them. With this lure and a worm I have caught pike, bass, walleye and perch. If your dad likes to fish, this is a must try/buy.




5. Zero Gravity Chair - $40+

Imagine taking a nap in the summer shade. Now imagine taking that nap in space! That is the beauty of this chair, it is the ultimate lawn chair. I have slept entire nights in one of these chairs, and dads love naps. This will be a direct hit on the bulls-eye.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment