Monday 29 December 2014

The Gentlemen's Expo in Toronto


The Gentlemen's Expo in Toronto was November 14-16 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and I teamed up with the guys at Real Man Travels to take it in. I've compiled a short list (there was so much more) that highlights my favourite things at this year's expo. In no order whatsoever, here's the list:

1. WINE. Lots and lots of wine. Ladies, we already know that if there is wine, it's a good time. There were plenty of wineries representing at the expo and I had the pleasure of trying a few. I also found a new favourite! Sledgehammer Cab Sauv. Who cares if they say it's wine for men! It's a great wine to enjoy with a nice steak. 

2. FOOD. Some of Toronto's greatest chefs were there with samples of their fantastic dishes! Live demonstrations at the cooking stage definitely got our mouths watering.

3. BEER. As I have stated before, I heart beer. What better way to wash down some delicious eats than with an ice cold sample of the latest and greatest craft brew? Exactly, I couldn't think of anything else either. A particular favourite of mine from this show was from the Highlander Brew Co. Scottish Ale.

4. TEQUILA! Ra chacha! Why wouldn't you try a Canadian tequila? Exactly. It would be unpatriotic not to. The lovely people from Tromba were one of the first tasting booths I stopped at. They fed me margaritas and I didn't want to leave, but I knew there was so much more a head of me!

5. VINTAGE ARCADE. I feel that vintage isn't the right word. I mean, Super Mario Brothers 3 on Nintendo isn't really vintage, right? Right? Dammit, I'm old. But I totally killed it on level 1 of MB3. Totally would have made it to Level 2 if there wasn't so much more to see.

6. TODD SHAPIRO. Just kidding, but he was there too.

7. EDGE 102 SOUND STAGE. Performances ran all weekend long and featured artists such as Hollerado, Dear Rouge, Wildlife and many more Canadian bands.

As I've mentioned a few times, there was so much to take in and experience, a list just doesn't do it justice. As per usual I have compiled a few pictures of my travels through the Gentlemen's Expo 2014. Until next time ladies, keep it real, and I look forward to sharing my next adventure with you!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment