Tuesday 8 April 2014

Where Do You Want To Go?

Where Do You Want To Go?

That is something I often ask myself. I have day and night dreams about all the places I want to go. I can smell the ocean breeze, feel the sand and hear the waves. I know that my dreams are not the same as the dreams of others. Some people aspire to much different things, but still have a dream of going somewhere, someday. That is why one of my favourite questions to ask people is: "Where do you want to go?". There are two common ways people answer: a quick, decisive pronouncement; or a long, drawn-out bucket list.

No matter how people answer, the answers are always fascinating - as is the seemingly innate desire most seem to have to see and experience this magnificent world in which we live.

Over the past year people have started asking me this and other questions. "Where are you off to next?" "Any travel plans coming up?". So for those fine people who care, here is what I hope to do this year:
the summer will be full of camping. Several trips, both planned and impromptu, will be spent with family. I'll also be doing the requisite outdoor adventures with friends which will surely include as much fishing as possible. Then, in the mid-fall, I will be taking off to check out Europe - exploring Rome, Italy and Athens, Greece.
Trevi Fountain Rome, Italy - Photo From Travelling Editor

Athens, Greece
So now you know. And now it's your turn. I want to know where you want to go. Would it be tasting fresh bread in Paris and taking a selfie in front of the Eiffel Tower? Or will that selfie be at the top of Empire State Building in New York City with a slice of pizza in hand? Perhaps your plans don't include selfies. Perhaps it's just the sound of the ocean that you are after? Or a drive down the winding scenic roads of Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way? Maybe free drinks and cute cabana boys? Please, leave a comment below letting us know where you plan to go, or just where you want to go in the coming months. We really want to know.
Insert Selfie Here
Or Here
Here at Real Man Travels, we want to share our travel experiences and share in yours. After all, it's a great big world full of endless opportunities.

Chris


5 comments:

  1. After a big first year of fatherhood, I'll be taking off to Mexico to celebrate my five year wedding anniversary. Blessed are the grandparent baby sitters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be visiting The Outer Banks in North Carolina at the tail end of summer, then of course back to Cuba for October. For February I'd like to go to Mexico. In between all that I'm hoping to cross off some cities that I've wanted to visit for years like Chicago, San Francisco, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to join Ed in Cuba, but also looking for some road trip opportunities this summer, possibly for an NHL playoff game. Montreal maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making plans to "Go west, young man!", even if the adjective no longer applies at 52. The #ORShow in SLC in early August is calling my name, as is every iconic national park from the Rockies to the Pacific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not blame you! I want to go to every National Park too. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing about your travels.

      Delete